- By: Anna Nathasa Puteh
- Tags: Cosentino, Cosentino Island Top, Counter top, granite, kitchen, Kitchen counter top, Sensa, Sensa granite
- Category: Granite, Home Improvement, Recommended, Solid Surface
- 0 comment
Sensa Granite: Natural, Stunning, and Mostly Maintenance Free
Are you thinking of getting a new countertop, but can’t decide what material is best to use?
Natural granite! More and more people are considering it for their kitchens and bathrooms as they exude gorgeous aesthetics. Moreover, it has a rich beauty, timeless aura, and appeal.
Being made by the mother nature itself, every slab of granite is unique. In this article, I will talk about the Sensa Granite by Cosentino Group.
What is Sensa Granite?
Sensa Granite is a natural granite surface of Cosentino Group that has a distinctive stain-resistant protection. A product that's elegance is as high as their quality with reliable properties that own a 15 years warranty.
Do you know how this amazing stone is achieved? Cosentino team travelled all the way to Brazil and India to find the most beautiful stone that Nature can create.
Every stone they choose follows strict criteria of aesthetic excellence. Thus, the Sensa granite has unique, elegant surfaces with an exotic, yet subtle, touch.
Expect a different pattern in each slab of Sensa, as each of the surfaces of a Sensa has exceptional veining that is found in no other.
The Many Colours of Sensa Granite by Cosentino®
The amazing thing about natural granite apart from materials like marble and quartz is that they have a variety of colours to choose from.
Advantages of Sensa Granite by Cosentino®
The Sensa Granite is not only eye-catching, it comes with a lot of advantages too. The advantages are as follows:
- High performance, high quality with a guarantee from Cosentino – Quality so great that Cosentino guarantees 15 years of warranty for this amazing material. (which is transferable)
- Excellence stain resistant – It has a profound protective treatment that provides them with a high resistance against stains.
- Easy to maintain – Natural granite is known to be easy to maintain. In comparison with other granites, Sensa by Cosentino® is not difficult to clean.
- Certified safe for contact with food – Sensa by Cosentino® count on a mandatory certification to be in your kitchen – to make sure it is safe for you and your kids.
- Eccentric design made by Mother Nature – Thanks to Nature, every slab of the Sensa by Cosentino® has unique, distinctive veins, textures, and unrepeatable colours.
How is Sensa treated?
Sensa by Cosentino® natural granite is essentially maintenance-free; they are easy to clean and the treatment has a 15-year transferable warranty as mentioned earlier.
The ease and comfort that it offers when cleaning it is as easy breathing. All you need to do to clean Sensa is soap, warm water, and a mild household cleaner.
If you would like to know more about the SenGuard, watch this video.
Besides cleaning, these are the ways to protect your Sensa from the following enemy:
- Scratches – Although natural granite is one of the hardest minerals on Earth, it can be scratched. So, it is recommendable that you always use a chopping board to protect its surface.
- Thermal shock – Like any other natural stone, granite is sensitive to thermal shock. For example, a sudden surface temperature changes may affect the surface. We highly recommend you use tablemats or coasters to protect the countertop from direct heat.
- Preventive maintenance – Sensa by Cosentino® natural granite has the right treatment that is to provide high stain resistance. The protection ensures that your countertop will stay beautiful for years with minimal maintenance. Clean the countertop regularly with a subtle,bleach-free cleaner to ensure it looks sparkly and good as new.
- Seals and cuts – Stonemasons working with Sensa by Cosentino® must work adequately – taking everything into account. Considerations and precautions when deciding the location as the joins, such as the customer’s wishes, the layout of the kitchen, the environmental conditions, safety measures, the resistance of the materials and structure of the cupboards.
Other Sensa Cleaning Methods
- Ammonia – If you clean with ammonia, be cautious not to mix it with any type of bleach because the reaction may produce toxic gases. Clean the surface by wiping with a damp cloth.
- Detergents – You can use any detergent on sale in the supermarkets. Apply it to the surface diluted in water and then rinse off.
- Bleach – Follow the same precautions as with ammonia. Apply surface diluted in water then rinse off.
You basically don’t need much of a professional help for the cleaning and treatment of your natural granite countertop.
- Do not place hot objects directly on the surface. Use any tablemats or coaster for hot food or drinks to avoid damage.
- If spillage occurs, clean and dry the surface quickly.
- Avoid cutting food directly on the surface because it can scratch.
- Do not use highly acidic cleaners as they may damage the surface layer.
- The lighter coloured countertops may show watermarks when wet. This happens because the stone darkens when wet; The stains vanish when the water evaporates.
All in all, if you are looking for a material that not only looks aesthetically amazing but is also durable, take a look at the collection at Stone Amperor, the best place to get them!
If you made up your mind, get your Sensa Granite quotation now! Our professionals will be delighted to assist you.
Related articles you might find interesting
- Granite: Everything You Need To Know in 2018
- The Pros and Cons of Granite Countertops – All You Need To Know
- 4 Fantastic Alternatives to That Make The Countertop Cut
- Sensa by Cosentino Introduces Five New Colors
- Granites vs Quartz Countertops: Which One is Best For You?